It was raining heavily when I woke up this morning - the sound of raindrops falling, that cool breeze and the smell of rain.. felt so blessed to be lying in bed under my warm sheets :')
Not easy to get out of bed but the thought of breakfast does the trick, every time ;)
Found myself craving for pancakes which is not very often! Just need to sink my teeth into some warm, thick and soft pancakes drenched in maple syrup ~
I usually love covering my pancakes with heaps of Greek yogurt but this time, i decided to add them into the batter instead. Also used whole-wheat flour for that extra fibre boost :)
Chunk of butter melting on top of the warm pancakes....
Took quite some time taking pictures and the butter couldn't wait any longer
Decided to smear it all over the pancakes heh
Time for the star of the show, maple syrup!!
So glad these pancakes turned out thick and soft! They were moist and not very sweet, the perfect excuse to douse more maple syrup ;)
It was so comforting shoving layers of fluffy pancakes into my mouth, before being greeted with the sweet pleasing taste of maple syrup and fragrance of melted butter, ahh.
Fluffy pancakes served with lashings of maple syrup and melted butter, the perfect rainy day food.
Wholewheat Yogurt Pancakes
adapted and modified from here
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
3/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
2. In separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The mixture should be thick but not paste-like. If it seems too thick, gently stir in more milk, 2 Tbsp at a time.
3. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add butter on pan and swirl to coat.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop small scoops of batter onto the skillet. Cook until bubbles form in the surface of the pancake and the underside is golden-brown. Flip and cook until golden-brown on both sides.
5. Serve with maple syrup, butter or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!