Currently trying to include more healthy modifications to recipes and cut down on unnecessary sugar/butter/oil etc ;) Been pretty lazy as well hence a no-bake dessert sounds like a great idea hehe
Instead of the usual buttery crust, I decided to try something different! Made a raw granola crust using just nuts, dried fruits and a syrup sweetener e.g. honey :) I LOVE the raw granola crust omg I couldn't stop shoving spoonfuls into my mouth while making it hahahahaha it's amazing how it is so easy and healthy :)
1 cup of assorted fruit & nut mix
1 tbsp of honey (add more if the mixture isn't sticky enough)
250g cream cheese
200g silken tofu
3 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp honey (add more if you prefer a sweeter cheesecake!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp gelatin
6 tbsp water
3 tbsp acai powder
1 tbsp honey
1. Using a food processor, pulse the dried fruits & nuts until fine chunks.
2. Transfer into a bowl and add honey, stir well until a sticky paste is formed. Press down the mixture onto a springform pan.
*You can choose to bake your crust till crispy, or set it aside & leave it as it is :)
3. In a small bowl, add water and sprinkle gelatin on top. Mix well and microwave for 20 seconds until the gelatine has dissolved. Set aside.
4. Using a blender or a high-speed mixer, mix the cream cheese, silken tofu, lemon juice, honey and vanilla until smooth.
5. Add in gelatin mixture.
6. Pour half the mixture into the prepared springform pan and place it in the freezer to set.
7. Meanwhile, add in acai puree, acai powder and honey into the remaining mixture. Stir well.
8. After the first layer of tofu cheesecake has set, pour in the acai mixture into the springform pan and chill in the fridge overnight.
Serve it cold the next day :)