Mango Yogurt Cotton Cake made with fresh mango puree and mango yogurt :)
Baked this cake for the boy's dad for Father's Day!
It was ultra soft, fluffy and moist!!! Almost like eating clouds ☁☁ One of the rare times I'm actually satisfied with what I baked hehe. Ate a few slices at a go unknowingly :p
Initially planned to bake a mango cotton cheesecake but i ran out of cream cheese and was too lazy to head out and get it oops
This cake was gone in no time and his family loved it :')
Mango Yogurt Cotton Cake
adapted from here with modifications
Egg Yolk Mixture
65g top flour (sifted)
1/4 tsp salt
5 egg yolks
1 whole egg
45 ml corn oil
100ml mango yogurt
50g fresh mango puree
Egg White Mixture
5 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
65gm castor sugar
1. Preheat oven to 140C and line the base of a 9" square pan with grease-proof paper.
2. Sift flour and salt.
3. Add in egg yolks, 1 whole egg, corn oil, mango yogurt and puree and whisk well until creamy and well-combined.
4. Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until frothy then add in cream of tartar.
5. Add sugar in 3 batches and beat till stiff peaks.
6. Take a little meringue and beat into the egg yolk mixture to aerate the batter.
7. Fold in the rest of the egg whites in 3 batches until well-mixed.
8. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
9. Steam-bake for 55 minutes (depending on your oven!) or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Invert the cake upon removal from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before removing the baking paper.
11. Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate it due to its high moisture content!
My only gripe was the cake tasted a little too egg-y, might remove 1 egg and increase the amount of fresh mango puree/yogurt the next time! Can't wait to experiment with other flavours :-)